Thaumcraft Mod 1.10.2/1.7.10 (Magician, Fantastic Stuff)
Have you wanted to be a magician in the world of Minecraft? This is something that you can easily do with the help of the Thaumcraft Mod! Simply put, the mod provides you with a unique ability of using the magic near you and transforming items, creating fantastic stuff and perform a variety of stuff.
With this mod, you can do simple stuff from destroying a small tree to draining entire lakes, all with the power of your wand. Of course, there are multiple other things that the Thaumcraft Mod Minecraft can help you achieve, for example you can easily use it in order to spawn mobs where you see fit and at your own convenience, something you are bound to like for sure. You can even burn an entire forest if you want, all with the massive power that the mod places in your hands at all times.
Being a magician is spectacular in any game, and the same can be said by the Thaumcraft Mod and the great things it does in Minecraft. The mod does a great job in showcasing how fun it can be to wield a wand and use destructive or healing powers all over the game world. The mod manages to come with some flashy and unique sets of visuals, but at the same time it complements the way the game looks quite nicely.
Right from the start this Thaumcraft Mod Minecraft is quite easy to understand and use. You have to create your own book case, but that needs to be done after you have crafted your own wand, of course. Then you need to right click the book case and then you will be able to fully access the Thaumanomicon, which is basically a book that contains the complete set of recipes that you can use in order to craft all the items and functions.
Having a book that tells you exactly what needs to be done is a very good thing to do, and this is exactly what makes this mod shine, as there are way too many things that you can do here and without the proper guidance it would be very hard to say the least.
From recipes to actions and spawns, the mod can easily become overwhelming if you are not careful, so what you need to do is to engage in using the Thaumcraft Mod as fast as possible, learnt the recipes and become the ultimate, bad-ass mage you always wanted to be.
The first thing you will need to craft is a wand. The first one available to you is the Wand of the Apprentice crafted as shown here (using a stick and iron nuggets):
You then place a bookshelf in the world and right click on it with the wand. This gives you the Thaumonomicon which explains almost everything else you will need to know about Thaumcraft.
- Download and run the latest version of Minecraft Forge
- Go to Start Menu > Type %appdata%/.minecraft/mods
- Download the mod
- Move the downloaded Jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder
- Done and Enjoy the mod.
Adding Thaumcaft world generation to existing worlds
Yes, you heard that right. You can add all the ores, trees and other worldgen features to existing worlds by changing a few things in your config files. Remember: this could be risky so always backup your saves beforehand.
- If this is the first time loading Thaumcraft with that save, you can leave the regen_key setting as ‘DEFAULT’ otherwise set it to anything else.
- You need to choose what to regenerate. I strongly recommend you set aura_nodes to ‘true’ if this is the first time you are doing this. Without the aura you won’t be able to do 99.9% of the things you could in Thaumcraft.
- Run the game. It will lag for a while and you should see some console spam about chunks being regenerated. This is fine – just wait it out. It shouldn’t take too long. If the world had been explored a lot you might see the message reappear every now and again. This is also normal.
- If, for some reason, you wish to do this again or somehow your savefile got corrupted and your aura nodes have gone missing, all you need to do is set the regen_key value to something else. Any word would do.
IMPORTANT: If you chose to generate TC ores and such in an existing world It is best to keep the config as-is. Do not switch everything off again after running the game or server once. As you explore chunks that have been explored in the past, but you haven’t visited yet the new TC will regen in them as well. If you turn it off before you get a chance to revisit them nothing will be genererated and you will have to do the regeneration from scratch to add it to those chunks which could cause doubling of ores and nodes.
– update for MC 1.7.10
– requires Forge 10.13.0.1199
– BAUBLES: requires Baubles 18.104.22.168
– BAUBLES: Automatic download now checks the web first for the latest required build before defaulting to the included dependency files. This should allow me to update the baubles version required without having to create a new version of TC
– API: added a way to add permanent and temporary warp
– API: Altered the way the WandTriggerRegistry works to avoid block conflicts
– API: new stuff for vis energy net (see below)
– API: added smelting recipe page type
– API: WandCap and WandRod has a new method which you can override to alter what research is required to be able to craft something with that cap or rod.
– loads of bug fixes
– loads of new stuff
– added two major new systems: warp and the vis energy network. Both are explained via thaumonomicon entries
– mana beans revamped. They now have 8 growth stages and can only be attached to the bottom of logs.
– mana beans found in the wild only contain primal aspects, but if planted adjacent to existing bean pods they may breed into compound aspects made up of combinations of its own and adjacent aspects.
– added a wuss-mode config option for those that don’t want Warp.
– added warp console command
– most config settings can now be set ingame from the mod menu.
– some research seems to have dissapeared – where could they have gone?
– shuffled research tiers a bit to account for new additions
– moved saving/loading to new forge events. Pre-1.7.10 *.thaum files should automatically be converted to the new format
– nodes in jars are no longer valid targets for recharging wands
– stopped assuming vanilla would get things right and implemented my own item dropping code. Should fix some crucible related issues.
– moved potion initialization to post-init
– potions now use a dynamic range that should help prevent overlaps with other mod defined potions.
– wand pedestal now properly interacts with amulet of vis in regards to automation and displaying aspects.
– added some custom shader effects
– arcane ears now respect the new noteblock events and will trigger on non-vanilla noteblocks
– added liquid death. Do not drink.
– added missing aspects to a few items
– hover harness now uses its own hotkey (default ‘H’)
– fixed haste effect on the hover harness. It was improving its speed 10x more than it should have been doing.
– removed some item dupe bugs
– fixed alchemy recipes oredict checking
– fixed directional essentia tubes
– equal trade focus no longer requires or gathers blocks while in creative mode
– equal trade focus now ignores liquids
– node stabilizers can now be turned off with a redstone signal
– made magic mirrors easier to craft by increasing the infusion base stability a lot
– switched to default Forge implementation of Netty
– runic augmentation now increases the runic charge by the proper amount
– jarring nodes is once again possible when using forge versions after 1091
– fixed dropping of native clusters
– remove the gravel and sand alchemy recipes. Who really needed that anyway?
– increased capacity of the vis storage amulets and they now automatically recharge from nearby relays when worn
– fixed a possible crash bugs when other mods add ores to the oredict, but not the ingots for them
– crafting tc stuff in the crucible, infusion altar or thaumatorium now triggers the forge ItemCraftedEvent.
– Sword of the Zephyr area attack will no longer effect dead entities and the area has been increased slightly
– mounted horses can now be lifted by arcane levitators
– arcane furnace now has a input slot on its bottom as well (for those special occasions)
– removed ender pearl from void jar recipe
– the infusion altar is now the only device that will be able to draw essentia directly from jars through the air – all other devices either need essentia piped into them or supplied via the vis energy net
– optimised particles and revamped particle engine
– zombie brains have now become a separate item and any old brains have thus become defunct. To make up for this the new zombie brains are 30% more delicious.
– normal zombies now have a small chance of dropping zombie brains. I’m not sure where they got them from.
– shift-clicking an unlabeled jar now properly resets its suction
– golems now retain their item filters when picked up
- Underped alchemy golem priorities
– Baubles: requires Baubles 22.214.171.124
– thaumastatic girdle plus haste on the harness won’t result in unstoppable warp speed anymore.
– empty and sorting golems won’t keep taking and replacing items in their source chests unless there is somewhere to take them.
– label setting recipes should not consume phials anymore
– increased thaumcraft mob spawning chances to account for altered spawn weights in Minecraft 1.7
– twiddled custom saves a bit more to hopefully increase its reliability
– fixed crashes related to brain in a jar
– made it a little clearer what you needed to study before being able to scan certain things.
– travelling trunks should no longer spawn nether portals. Their pact with the dark side has been broken.
– a few minor node manipulation additions
– added golem fetters
– Baubles: requires Baubles 126.96.36.199
– increased the spawn rate of 1’s
– moved thaumcraft research and scanning data from player data to custom savefiles (*.thaum)
– a backup file is also saved each time in case the main one becomes corrupt.
– automatically revert to backup file if main one cannot be loaded. If both cannot be loaded revert to old player data format. This will also insure that data from previous tc versions will be loaded the first time.
– travelling trunk upgrades now properly sync when it is picked up and placed again
– added one 1 to everything once
– fixed crash related to pickaxe of the core right-click ability
– increased default scanning caps to 10 (per aspect) and 100 (total per aspect). You will need to alter or recreate your config files to use these caps otherwise old values will be used.
– harvest golems have been acting up again. This time I needed to get out some charts and graphs to properly explain things to them.
– alchemy golems will no ignore the facing rules for alembics so it doesn’t matter what side you place them on alembic stacks or the alchemical furnace
– alchemy golems will now take from the fullest alembic in a stack, instead of the topmost one
– fixed some syncing issues with tubes
– primal charm flavor text isn’t stored as NBT data anymore. It was messing with recipes.
– you will once again be able to see what items contain what aspects in the Aspects entry of the thaumonomicon
– fiddled with crusted taint and tainted soil rendering. Hopefully it should prevent the crashes some people have been experiencing.
– runic augmention recipes should no longer cause crashes when trying to upgrade items without starting shield values
– brain in a jar should once again be able to absorb xp. It will also display particle effects when it is full.
– incremented increments incrementally
– jars are now noisy again
– Updated to MC 1.7.2
– requires Forge 10.12.0.1056 or higher
– API: Lots of changes to support to new 1.7 way of handling blocks and items
– API: Added IInfusionStabiliser interface to allow other blocks to stabilise infusion crafting
– API: InfusionRecipe now has input itemstack sensitive versions of some of the getters and most fields have become protected to force use of the getters. This gives more control and the ability to add funky new infusions.
– API: change RecipeCrucible so the output is determined by a getter.
– API: INode changes
– API: additions surrounding runic shielding
– API: added Baubles support
– API: some IEssentiaTransport changes
– API: added IMC messages to blacklist dimensions and biomes for tc worldgen and mob spawning
– created the addon mod Baubles which adds 4 new slots which can be accessed via the ‘b’ hotkey. For convenience you might want to change this to your default inventory hotkey
– the Baubles sub-mod should download automatically and install itself – please report any issues with this process and the Baubles mod itself
– requires Baubles 188.8.131.52 or higher.
– focus pouches can now be placed in the belt bauble slot
– runic armor has been removed and replaced with ring, amulet and girdle baubles. You will have to delete existing runic armor before upgrading as it WILL crash your world otherwise
– runic shielding is now stored as player data and not as damage values in items
– removed the existing runic shielding upgrade system and replaced it with something new. The old system was broken balance-wise with the new shielding mechanics.
Wands & Recharging
– added crafting sceptres (crafting specialised wands)
– runic armor now recharges by drawing terra and aer vis from wands in your inventory
– recharging looka for vis sources by checking bauble slots first, then inventory slots and lastly the hotbar
– the repair enchant is now much faster, but uses the recharge mechanic (types and amounts of vis vary by item)
– only solid blocks may be warded now
– fixed infinite loops in warded blocks
– the frugal and potency enchants no longer influences crafting costs
– individual sides of a tube can be opened and closed with a wand, and clicking on the middle portion will allow you to rotate certain tubes.
Worldgen & Nodes
– tainted biomes now use normal biome spawning rules which should make their shape a bit more natural
– changed the default biome “start” id’s since vanilla biomes now occupy the old range.
– altered silverwood tree generation to make them look a bit more unique
– halved the number of trees spawning in magical forest biomes. It looks a little less foreboding, but half the leaves means half the lag… or thereabouts. I really have no proof.
– crusted taint and soil should no longer cause rendering crashes
– altered taint fibre rendering slightly to make it show up on more block types
– aura nodes should spawn at more varied heights in void or similar dimensions
– Nodes now have now have max aspect values on a per aspect basis, not a total max.
– Bigger nodes now like to bully smaller ones and take their vis
– fixed hungry node crash
– shimmerleaf and cinderpearl now always drop the flower when broken by hand. Place them in a crafting table to produce their old drops.
– golem ai improvements
– a few new golem cores. I couldn’t resist adding something new – I have a serious problem.
– improved the way the entropy upgrade functions for inventory management golems. Please, someone stop me.
– alchemy golems can now move essentia between most essentia storage containers, not just between jars and alembics
– alchemy golems now consider void jars lowest priority and will try to fill other jars first
– most golems now have 6 inventory slots as a base, instead of 2. Each fire upgrade will add another 6. You will probably want to pick up and replace existing golems to prevent crashes.
– “use” and “empty” golems with the order upgrade are now a bit smarter about selecting what items to select from their container (many thanks to Tarig for helping me out with this)
– check to prevent crash when golems with entropy upgrade is hit with splash potions or similar sources of damage
Other changes and bugfixes
– Removed certain aspects (Saxum, Granum)
– “flattened” aspect combos creating more primal + primal compounds. Hopefully this will result in a slightly more even aspect spread.
– changed the research save format. This should make things more stable, but will mean research from previous versions will be lost.
– hoe of growth should now work on more things
– mirrors should now properly drop if the block they are attached to is broken
– brightened the dyeable portions of robe armor a bit
– Chickenbones is my hero
– re-added spawn eggs for TC monsters
– the item grate should now properly eject items below it that has been fed into it via pipes or hoppers.
– entities now recognize that they cannot pass through the barrier created by paving stones of warding.
– the bone bow should no longer cause rendering Bowception in multiplayer
– fixed networked packets
– fixed various arcane bore bugs
– removed bucket dupe bug
– lots of smaller bugfixes
For Minecraft 1.5.1
Thaumcraft Mod API (For modders)
For Minecraft 1.4.7/1.4.6
For Minecraft 1.4.5
For Minecraft 1.5.2
For Minecraft 1.6.2/1.6.4
For Minecraft 1.7.2
For Minecraft 1.7.10
For Minecraft 1.8
For Minecraft 1.8.9
For Minecraft 1.10.2: coming soon
|Minecraft 1.10.2 Mods, Minecraft 1.4.7 Mods, Minecraft 1.5.1 Mods, Minecraft 1.5.2 Mods, Minecraft 1.6.2 Mods, Minecraft 1.6.4 Mods, Minecraft 1.7.10 Mods, Minecraft 1.7.2 Mods, Minecraft 1.8 Mods, Minecraft 1.8.9 Mods|